Iyengar's difficulty rating: 2* out of 60*
- Sit on the floor. Stretch your legs out in front of you.
- Place your palms beside your hips with your fingers pointing forward.
- Lift your chest, straighten your arms, and keep your back strong and straight.
- Iyengar's arms are relatively long when compared to the length of his torso. As a result, to keep his arms straight and plant his palms on the floor, his arms are further back than mine.
- Iyengar's toes are relaxed. I am spreading my toes wide and drawing my toes back as I press forward through the balls of my feet.
- I don't know whether Iyengar is lifting his chest much more than I am... or his chest is just enormous. We may never know.