Iyengar's difficulty rating: 4* out of 60*
- Kneel on the floor with your ankles together.
- Stretch your R leg out to the R. Place the sole of your R foot on the floor with your toes pointed out to the side. Tighten your quadriceps to keep your leg strong and straight. Keep your leg in the same plane as your L knee and your torso.
- Extend your arms to the sides. Keep them at shoulder height.
- Exhale and bend your torso sideways to the R. Turn your R palm to face up and rest your forearm and wrist on your shin and ankle. Let your R ear rest on your upper arm.
- Reach your L arm up alongside your head until it touches your L ear. Deepen until your palms touch.
- Breathe normally here for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Iyengar and I have remarkably similar form here. The largest difference is that his sidebend is slightly more compact and integrated (energy drawing in), while mine is more extended (energy shooting out). His chest is also angled down, while mine is angled up.