Iyengar's difficulty rating: 4* out of 60*
- Perform Dhanurasana (Bow Pose).
- On an exhale, roll onto your R side and stretch your chest forward and legs back.
- On an inhale, roll back into Dhanurasana. Then practice this pose on the other side.
- Perform each side for an equal length of time with normal breathing.
- Grip your ankles more firmly to ensure that they don't slip.
- Iyengar is holding his ankles. I am holding the tops of my feet. This may be part of the reason he is able to touch his heels together; my heels are separated.
- Iyengar's instructions do not suggest what to do with the head or neck. However, in his images, he is looking up so I have done the same. Darren Rhodes once suggested a variation in which I look down and attempt to gaze along the length of my bottom arm. This isn't demonstrated here, but I have found it different and powerful.